Friday, April 28, 2017

Love? It does exist!





We grew up reading Cinderella, Snow White---fairy tales that made us believe that there is love, that there is a happily ever after. Yet, when we live through the years, we experience pain, we feel heartaches and we get our hearts broken... But somehow, we never truly give up on LOVE---even how many times we say we would. 

At a young age of 7, I prayed to God for a good husband. Was I in a big rush? Lol. 

Meeting and getting to know Jim was indeed a struggle at first. The struggle was real, listening to a British accent in which I wasn't accustomed to. There were multiple misunderstanding along the way but hey, we made it through.

Jim was a bit hesitant about our age difference. I was born in 1987 and he was, in year 1954. I know...Big age gap. Yet, I always told him that digit, is nothing, but just a number. 

I like the way he talks, the way he thinks and I love how sensitive he is with treating animals rightly but I also get angry--- when he suddenly scolds a tricycle driver or other motorists. 

He pushes me to live life and to dream big yet he is the same person---who makes me feel humbled. I feel humble and grateful---just looking at him. How can a person like Jim love a person like me? Still a mystery to me. 

Jim is not just a husband to me but a best friend as well. Don't get me wrong, our relationship isn't, at all, perfect. We argue over silly and minute details and we are working on discussing matters rather than taking discussions as a matter of criticism.

Have you ever had that feeling when you can just be you---when you are with that person? I hope you will. It is the most magnificent feeling one could ever experience.

Last night, Jim had hematuria (blood in the urine). I know... I shouldn't have panicked but when someone is as important as your loved one, I wasn't able to help it. It made me realise how important my husband is to me. I wasn't able to get a good night sleep even if I am a "master sleeper" as how he describes me. I had to make sure he was alright.

I am quoting:  

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

.


No comments:

Post a Comment