Tuesday, January 2, 2018

DREAMS

It is 17:59 (already dark) and maybe my PMS gets me into this emotional me, so let's try making sense of why I started to feel down. Hmmm... Bare with me. I'll be talking about dreams and what we are prepared to let go in go in order to reach them.

Dreams are our propellers in life. They make us strive, adjust, sacrifice and yes, even---let go.
I am a coward. I rarely take risks yet because of this dream, I went on...taking the IELTS and the CBT and there are a lot of us who do. There are a lot of us who try. There are a lot of us who wanted our dreams to take shape.

Propeller:

If our dreams propel our inner passion, then where does it get its strength from? My answer to that is my family. My husband, my mom, my dad and yes, my brother.

It is BOLD when you take that step out of your comfort zone. Gone are those familiar places where you can just easily hop on a tricycle or a multicab in order to get to. Gone are those familiar faces that you can easily greet hoi or nod by. Gone are those common jokes that everyone could relate.

You are in a new place, in a new country---trying to make sense of the whys and the hows.

Don't get me wrong, UK is the land of my dream and yes, people are great. But everything is new and with new beginning comes a multitude of bloopers. Lol. Here are some of my favourites.

1. Filipinos do courteously offer their food. I did that with my half-eaten sandwich and I got a bizarre look. Haha

2. Went to KFC for just 2 pieces of chicken (without rice nor drinks) only to know that it is more than 150 pesos (£2.10).

3. They drive in the opposite side hence I almost got hit crossing the road, after hours of landing in the UK.

4. I still don't know how to count the coins. I am useless of identifying which is a penny and that especially when I hop on the bus.

There are still a lot to learn in this unfamiliar place yet we just have to continue laughing at our mistakes and maybe...just maybe..even tears would somehow help us get up and roll our sleeves for another 12.5 hours of long day or long night in the hospital.

Kudos, dreamers. Let us not grow weary. Aja!


Photo credits to GHR.






No comments:

Post a Comment