Monday, June 12, 2017

CANCER - A WAKE UP CALL!


I picked this flower from my grandmother's garden. 

Just like this flower, my grandma is one gorgeous woman. She will be 80 years old this coming 15th day of June. 

I call her Lola Basing. She fought a lot through life yet stayed positive all the time. Yes, I've seen her cry in many occasions yet she never forgets to wipe her tears dry. 

She never had an easy life but the struggles have added character to her wonderful being.

She endured her husband's death as well as of her own daughter's. 

Lola Basing isn't, at all, perfect but she is one of a kind. 

We call this "Chinese Iba," a sour fruit which I also picked today together with the flower. 

For me, this represents pain, struggle and suffering. 

The flower and the fruit, both represent what we are feeling as a family. Praising God for the gift of life and at the same time--- hurting.

We just discovered that Lola Basing has cancer. 

She doesn't know...yet. 

2 comments: