Saturday, May 19, 2018

TAKE LOADS OF PATIENCE

It's my day off and I missed penning my thoughts, so here I am. Today marks our 5th month and 8th day here in the UK and I'd be totally honest with you, I still am adjusting. I still am crap in terms of the bus system. In fact, I just managed to gather how to use the MediLink which is only available during the weekdays going to and fro QMC and our place of residence. Aside from that? I still am totally, lost. Haha. Jim, on the other hand, is great. He always has this better sense of direction and thank GOD for that or both of us will be doomed. Jim and I are still very highly dependent to satellite navigation though.





Oh, let me tell you about our favourite hide out, Sherwood Manor. This is a perfect place to dine and drink. We love this pub as it has a fantastic family atmosphere and a very welcoming staff.










I am trying to be kind with myself nowadays. I quit trying to do things and know things all at once. I take my time and with that, I feel less stressed. Jim and I take time time to learn and relearn things.

Jim started a garden and a mini poultry. We earn £1.20 every half a dozen eggs from Tiny, Minnie, Apple and Daisy.  



The other night while I was doing my long night shift, working from 19:00-07:30, a patient called Tony said "you are a good nurse and I mean it." This has filled my heart with so much-needed boost and joy. Being in a new country has its struggles and more often than not, I feel so unequipped that that  statement from Tony did count a lot. It gave me my most-needed lift, both emotionally and spiritually. 


At times, I feel shattered especially when the patient gets too aggressive and it is during those moments that I hold on to my GOD. I hold on to the sense of security that it isn't an accident that I am here. That I am here for a reason. These keep me going and these keep my sanity in check.

Believe that even when we feel like giving up that it shouldn't be an option.  




I started writing short positive thoughts on daily basis. I take one day at a time in absorbing and experiencing UK and finding my ways at work. Jim and I have got our dramas now and then but we are well. 

A word of advice while packing your suitcases, bring with you---loads of patience and never ever give up. 

Chase your dreams as if life relies in fulfilling it. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment