Monday, May 29, 2017

Getting Fat...Getting Thin... The Cycle Continues


I get fat, I get thin---sums up my life story. I am an emotional eater. Meaning to say, I eat when I get stressed and even if I am conscious of the fact that I already am eating too much, when I am stressed---I just couldn't help but eat more. 
(deep sigh)


Losing weight isn't a piece of cake. Trust me, I know. It involves mental strength and mighty commitment, to do it. Eating is a form of addiction too. It is a coping mechanism to stressful events but once overdone---is and will be a hazard to health.

With the above picture, I lost 20 kilos then by healthy eating and proper lifestyle. I thought I could go on. I thought I was wiser enough not to overeat yet from 50 kilograms last April 2016, I gained 20 kilograms over a brief span of time (one year). The reason? I overeat when I am stressed. 


Now, let me tell you of a complete different subject. Let me tell you of Jim.

I get fat, I get thin but Jim, my husband, has never let me feel any different. He says, I am still the same person. When we met, I was around 53 kilograms and over the course of 5 years of being together---he has seen the changes over and over again. 

He has seen me gain weight so fast when we were preparing for our wedding, when I needed to take an exam, and etc. 

No, he isn't blind. He does see--the changes and how it affects me "overall." He witnesses how it pains me when my favourite clothes don't fit no more. But instead of ridiculing, he gives me a hand. Joins me in my numerous tries to get fit. He never, not once, left me on this struggle. 

As of the present, I am once again trying to get back in shape. Why? I am happier when I am lighter. I get to do a lot of activities when I am not heavy. 

I would just like to commend all men who truly see a woman not for the size of her waist but for everything. For seeing the good and the bad and for not turning one's back when the undesirable state of the partner kicks in. 

Thank you. It means a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment