Sunday, May 21, 2017

Lovely UK!



UK is indeed the place that I expected it to be. Gentle and wonderful people with fabulous sceneries. Intonation, accents and poetic phrases---continually sound like music to my ears.
I've got few stares here and there but to sum it up, it's completely awesome. I thank God for giving me the chance to visit this lovely country. We flew last 15th of January at 00:45am Philippine time. An hour of delay but we still managed to reach Incheon airport on time with Korean air. We had a stop over for 6 hours and we've met kind individuals, who one way or another made me love Korea even more. One lad gave us kimbob to enjoy the dish together with topoki and on the the flight towards Heathrow, we enjoyed bibimpop. At 4:00pm, we've reached the excruciatingly cold, UK. Even with the chill, I acceptingly embraced my first winter. God is indeed so great to grant one of my bucket list. Pavan Garikipati, our cousin-in-law, welcomed us with great smile and 2 sets of biryani. The journey couldn't be more brilliant. We went off to Enterprise which was the place where we booked a rent a car. We waited and tried to get the vehicle sorted for 5 hours, to no avail. Yet, we managed to meet excellent people who went beyond their call of duty to help us out. We, then, transferred to Europcar which was as quick as the breeze and our journey started with a red Peugeot vehicle. A long drive towards the countryside in pitch black. With tired and weary bodies, we decided to stop for a couple of hours' sleep at Days Inn. On the 16th of January at 6:00am, we traveled forward to Upper Gravenor which was our airBnB destination. We did stop to get the proper attire for the weather. To combat the cold, Jim got himself a black coat and white for me. I needed to gear up more so my husband got me thermal leggings, pair of mittens, hat and a pair of boots. True enough, it didn't feel as bad as it previously was. What more could I ask for? Hmmm.. Perfect health would be a right response. Going back, I truly am impressed with England. Last 22nd day of January, Friday, I saw Wales as well. We've traveled to Churchstoke to get our grocery shopping and Jim realized that we could get our stuffs at a lot cheaper price from there. I got to meet Sam, the parrot from the Amazon rainforest, ate blueberry and raspberry for the first time. I'm totally in love with the place as well as the culture. Jim reckoned that it's because everything seems a novelty for me, hence the appreciation. Who could blame me when I dreamt about this place since grade school when I learned about Shakespeare and alike from novels and movies? When I was seated in a pub, I literally have closed my eyes, just to listen. I tried to compare the reality from how I imagined it to be. We also got wonderful couple as hosts. Pat and Paul with Nel, their dog. To GOD be the glory! We have our favorite pub which is called The Bridges. We vist this place for good food, drink, and to immerse with the community.







No comments:

Post a Comment