Sunday, June 4, 2017

HOW WE MET


 It's so easy to get caught up everyday, doing our daily routines and just going about life as it is--- not realizing how blessed we are. How blessed we are to spend our days with people we love most. How blessed we are to get to spend days of our lives with the person that matters. To be able to hug and stroke the face of our loved one. 


When I first met Jim online, we talked for approximately 4 hours. I honestly didn't think he would be the one as I was not searching for anybody at that time. I just wanted a conversation and a great chat I indeed got at that time. That was June 2012. I didn't want an intimate relationship except for friendship. From frequent exchange of emails, daily phone calls and multiple video calls, I got to know Jim pretty well. Somebody from the other side of the world, behind modern-day gadgets---talking, smiling, laughing...conversing... I never thought that what we had could work out since for me--- relationships seem so fleeting. I didn't want to get hurt. Who does?

Three months later, Jim decided to meet me in person. A brave move for him and a leap of faith for me. I talked myself into believing that if this would not work out, at least we would both know now rather than later. I stayed with him for 6 weeks in a humble, tiny unit in which we rented to see if we could manage being together--- for real. We cooked, we did the house chores, we did the laundry, we laughed, we smiled, we argued, I walked out, I went back, reconciled and got engaged. 

A year later after we first spoke online, we got married. We had a very simple civil wedding officiated by the City Mayor of Lapu Lapu and had our reception in Ocean Pearl, attended by family and friends.

I never thought I would be blessed enough to marry somebody who would love me as how Jim does. Somebody who reminds me that life is beautiful every time I look at him. That even if life would throw punches and kicks, we must just believe that one day heaven would be generous enough to allow us to meet our serendipity. 

A serendipity who would go out of his way to prepare a wonderful dish of Nachos. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful story! It is a wonderful thing to find a real love. There are good days and bad days but it's worth it... Every minute. Thanks for sharing! :)


    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ronnie! I totally agree with you that even when love isn't all bed of roses, it is worth it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful story! It is a wonderful thing to find a real love. There are good days and bad days but it's worth it... Every minute. Thanks for sharing! :)


    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete