Saturday, June 3, 2017

INNOCENCE OF A CHILD

Allow me to introduce you all to my one and only niece. We call her Ada and she is the face of charm, love and zest. 

Today, when I finished my UKVI, an exam that I was delaying for some weeks due to its complexity, I decided to see our bundle of joy, Ada. 

I don't see her as often as an aunt should but whenever I see her, she never fails to make me feel welcomed. She would flash her ready smile and call out "auntie mommy Kim, asa si uncle daddy Jim?!"




Ada is a very patient girl and she's very smart for her age. She's very sociable to both young and adult. There's something about her that would make you love her in an instant or in a matter of few meetings.

Whenever I am with Ada, I realize how beautiful life is. God allowed us to be somehow part of this wonderful being's journey. She is a lovely niece, an understanding daughter, a charming granddaughter and an amazing creation. 

Yes, I may sound bias but believe me--- these are facts. She's a very trusting girl. Whenever you tell her that you'll see her, she'll for sure spend her whole day---waiting for you. At times blurting in frustration "dugayang auntie mommy Kim ui" or "way klaro auntie mommy Kim ui." 

Tonight, I witnessed this child waiting for her father, my brother. She excitedly and patiently waited for hours. Finished three movies (Trolls, Boss Baby and Frozen) before her mom decided that they should head home. She waited...



It hurts me deep inside since this child has always been so forgiving for promises not kept. At times, she would just say out of no where "Daddy, ayaw awaya si Mommy." 

If only I would be able to bear a child of my own, I would  pray for someone like her. Truth be told, this child has witnessed separation and anger yet this child grew so beautifully beyond compare. Innocent, kind, witty, forgiving and most of all--- enormously loving. She's indeed one of a kind. 

Life could get so harsh in so many different ways and I pray that Ada would surpass these when she'll grow mature while maintaining the beauty of her heart. 

Ada...

I love you.

For Liz, I salute you for a job well done. Thank you for sharing your daughter's life with us. 

We are beyond grateful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment