Sunday, May 21, 2017

STILL (AN OLD COMPOSITION)

Tired muscles and shaky limbs,
Too tired to move but--no way.
Can't be lazy,
Can't be sick---it would mean a NO PAY.


As long as I can,
Got to be at the race and run.
Ain't here to be a "missy," 
Work is what I'm here for---then got to be busy.

Agony would always be around,
But hoping that green pasture can still be found.
Dreams are for free,
I'm rich in terms to that---that you can ask me.

No way will I retreat,
My failure would also mean my family's defeat.
For in this quest called life,
Being a coward is of no use--- got to be so stiff.

Even how painful this chapter might be,
A brighter future is still my heart's dream to see.
No time to surrender,
For this walk isn't just mine...that I must remember.


(written last 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment